Graphmatech is a Swedish materials technology start-up company on a mission to transform materials technology for a better, more sustainable world. With a focus on polymer, metals, and materials for energy additives, we develop cutting-edge graphene composites tailored to the needs of our industrial partners.
Graphmatech is searching for a Senior Research Engineer/Scientist polymer-graphene composites to join our team at our office in Uppsala. In this position you will drive and execute on R&D projects as well as support Production and Sales & Marketing with polymer-knowledge within graphene composite formulation and process techniques.
To accomplish this, we expect you to have a background in polymer science, experience of working with polymer composites, strong insight in product development and capability to combine theoretical knowledge with practical work efforts. You should have deep know-how in polymeric materials and polymer composites formulations development, design-of-experiments (DOEs) and polymer process technologies. Preferably you also have experience from setting test protocols and providing customer technical support. Project management, lab work and problem-solving together with R&D and other departments will take up a great part of your day.
Take the opportunity to join an international, entrepreneurial, and fast-moving environment and work with committed colleagues!
- Develop polymer-graphene composites formulations and recipes (both master batches and compounds) for different application areas and manufacturing techniques.
- Drive research and product development projects with both internal and external stakeholders
- Plan and ensure delivery on-time of projects with high quality
- Support production to improve existing and set up new processes for extrusion of masterbatches
- Support customers to implement polymer-graphene composites in large scale polymer processing techniques, e.g., blow molding and rotational molding.
- Set up a polymer research lab for Research and Development projects and quality control
- Contribute to the set-up of technology and product roadmaps in polymer-graphene composites
- Develop the Company IP portfolio in polymer-graphene composites
As a person, you are driven, committed and take great responsibility for your work tasks and ensure a delivery with good results. You are a very structured and collaborative person that can help us grow and develop our polymer-graphene composites team (as well as the company). You see the use of being a good communicator both in your group and within the company.
Proven organizational skills with the ability to work towards deadlines, prioritize and work efficiently on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as well as structured concerning project management and documentation.
Hands-on personality and ability to work with a wide range of operative tasks including budgets and cross departmental activities and projects. Have a positive mindset and constructive/proactive way when dealing with tasks.
We expect you to have:
- MSc. degree or PhD in polymer chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering or similar with preferably more than 3 years of industrial experience in polymeric materials.
- Excellent understanding of polymer composites, main processing techniques, and characterization.
- Large experience from project management
- Experience in reporting on key R&D metrics
- Strong interpersonal skills that fit a flexible small company environment.
- Good knowledge in MS Office
- Fluent in English. Skills in Swedish or German is an advantage
It is also an advantage if you have:
- Previous experience with graphene and other carbon-based fillers
- Previous experience in taking new materials to the market
Does this sound like you? Apply now!
Email your CV together with a cover letter in English to [email protected]
Latest job postings
Contact: Cecilia ÅrhammarEmail