Graphmatech is a Swedish materials technology company on a mission to transform materials technology for a better, more sustainable world. With a focus on metal and polymer composites and energy storage solutions, we develop cutting-edge graphene composites tailored to the needs of our industrial partners.
We are now looking for a Senior Scientist in Metals to work on high profile, customer-driven projects such as developing high performing metal-graphene composites. This is a great opportunity for a person looking for a challenge, where you will be utilizing your extensive material knowledge to really influence technical development in an agile, fast-paced environment. Dedication and innovation are highly valued in the company, with the vision of developing new materials that will change the world.
Primary tasks include developing new and improved metal-graphene composites, transitioning knowledge into products through industrial research collaborations, and further strengthening Graphmatech’s immaterial rights, all of which requires thorough understanding of powder metallurgy. If you also possess experience of ceramic powders, surface functionalization of metal powders and organic chemistry, that is considered advantageous. Further, you will be expected to contribute to the upscaling of the company through various process improvements and implementations.
In return, we offer a challenging, creative and varied role in a young fast-growing organization with great potential, where dedication and innovation are highly valued. Benefits include a vibrant and diverse team, supported development plans and a central location in Uppsala, with walking distance to the train station.
- Develop, characterize and evaluate cutting edge metal-graphene composites originating from metal powder
- Collaborate closely with metal industrial partners to deliver technology to the market
- Hands-on development of processes for manufacturing metal-graphene composites and supporting analytical methods
- Drive product development activities related to internal and external projects
- Grow and manage the company’s IP portfolio in metal graphene composites
- Assist in upscaling infrastructure and capacity
- Provide guidance and counsel on applicable EHS practices and regulations related to processes
- Strong interpersonal skills that fits a flexible small company environment
- Desire to accomplish ideas, realizing potential and overcoming hurdles
- Able to research and analyse information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Comfortable working independently as well as collaborating with an interdisciplinary team
- Proven ability of managing multiple projects simultaneously – having effective time management skills and an ability to prioritize your work tasks
- Able to communicate effectively, both internally and with external partners
- Fluent in English. Skills in Swedish and/or German are considered beneficial.
- At least five years hands-on industrial research experience in application and product development of metal powders
- Higher education (minimum M.Sc, PhD preferable) within material science, powder metallurgy or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of metallic materials, synthesis, manufacturing and characterization
- Extensive knowledge of composition-structure-property relationship
Does this sound like you? Apply now!
Email your CV together with a cover letter in English to [email protected]
For any questions about the role please contact:
Viktor Sanderyd, Research & Development Manager