Graphmatech is a Swedish materials technology start-up company on a mission to transform materials technology for a better, more sustainable world. With a focus on metal and polymer materials and energy storage solutions, we develop cutting-edge graphene composites tailored to the needs of our industrial partners.
Graphmatech is looking for a Senior Research Engineer within Metal-Graphene composites. This position provides a great opportunity for you to utilize your material knowledge and directly apply it in technical development. To be part of our team we think you are a team player with a passion for material science, problem-solving and that you enjoy working in a dynamic environment. Graphmatech is a startup company with highly dedicated and committed employees, an agile way of working, short decision paths, and an open-minded culture. Our vision is to utilize the full potential of graphene, creating advanced materials for a better tomorrow!
Your main responsibility will be to develop and improve our metal-graphene composites product portfolio, participate in industrial research collaborations, customer projects, and further strengthening Graphmatech’s immaterial rights.
We believe that you have a long experience in product and process development of powder metallurgy products preferable in an industrial environment. It is of great merit if you have experience in taking products from research development to full-scale production and commercialization. We put great value in production experience as well as in knowledge in advanced material characterization.
In return, we offer a challenging, creative, and varied role in an organization where you will be able to contribute and make a difference, where dedication and innovation are highly valued. Benefits include a vibrant and diverse team, supported development plans located in a central location in Uppsala, with walking distance to the train station for sunny days. On rainy days it is only 3 stops by the bus.
- Driving the development of our product portfolio within metal graphene composites
- Responsible for development of characterization and evaluation of cutting-edge metal-graphene composites
- Collaborate closely with metal industrial partners to deliver technology to the market
- Hands-on development of processes for manufacturing metal-graphene composites and supporting analytical methods
- Grow and manage the company’s IP portfolio in metal graphene composites
- Take an active part in designing the upscaling infrastructure and capacity
- Provide guidance and counsel on applicable EHS practices and regulations related to processes
- Willing to work in a start-up company and be part of the growth journey
- Strong interpersonal skills and you enjoy working in a flexible small company environment
- Desire to accomplish ideas, realizing potential and overcoming hurdles
- You are self-motivated and drive your own research and analyse information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusion
- You act as a mentor sharing your knowledge to educate others
- Comfortable working independently as well as collaborating with an interdisciplinary team
- Proven ability of managing multiple projects simultaneously – having effective time management skills and an ability to prioritize your work tasks
- Able to communicate effectively, both internally and with external partners
- Fluent in English – skills in Swedish and/or German are considered beneficial
- At least five years hands-on industrial research experience in application and product development of metal powders and powder metallurgy
- Higher education (minimum M.Sc, Ph.D preferable) within powder metallurgy material science or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of metallic materials, synthesis, manufacturing, and characterization
- Extensive knowledge of composition-structure-property relationship
Does this sound like you? Apply now!
Email your CV together with a cover letter in English to [email protected]
For any questions about the role please contact:
Viktor Sanderyd, Research & Development Manager