Our journey began in 2017 at Uppsala University, when researcher Dr Mamoun Taher invented Aros Graphene®, a unique graphene hybrid material capable of unlocking the full potential of graphene.
And so Graphmatech was born – with a mission to take graphene from a novel wonder-material in the lab, to a solution for large-scale industrial applications.
The rise of Graphmatech
In 2019, just our second full year of operation, we:
- grew our team by 83%
- undertook 28 projects and launched 3 products
- joined 4 world class research competence centers
- and opened a 1350sqm research lab and production facility in central Uppsala
We have also already secured the first third of a planned SEK 60 million A-round with support from 4 major external investors.
An award-winning enterprise
We have already received several awards, including being listed as one of the 33 Hottest Tech Startup Companies in Sweden according to NyTeknik in both 2019 and 2020 and named Nordic Nanotech Company of the Year in 2018!
Our founder Dr Mamoun Taher was also awarded the prestigious SKAPA Prize 2020 for Uppsala Region, for the invention of Aros Graphene, as well as the Peter Egardt’s stipendium for 2021.
Technology worth investing in
The path to become Sweden’s next big industrial company may be long, but we believe graphene technology has a vital role to play for a more connected and sustainable future.
Become a dominating actor in a potentially society-changing materials shift by securing a key part of the supply chain (from graphite to composite) with strong unique selling propositions at every stage.
With the graphene market predicted to revolutionize a large number of industries, it’s sure to be an amazing journey.
We’d love for you to join us.
- Breakthrough technology for graphene’s industrial implementation
- Very strong buying interest and orders received from leading European corporations across various sectors
- An experienced team with proven ability to deliver a great deal in a short time
- European top-class investors and board providing reliable strategic guidance
- A strong industrial brand built in just a few years of operation, with 12 awards, 200+ news articles & 500,000+ views across social media
Contact us today to discuss investment opportunities.
Mamoun Taher, CEO / CTO & Founder
Previously of ABB Corporate Research and having worked as a materials researcher at Uppsala University, Dr Taher invented Aros Graphene® and founded Graphmatech in 2017.
Jane Carlgren, CFO
Jane has 25 years of financial experience and a demonstrated history of expansion and efficiency improvements from roles at Kinnevik, Telefos, VisitSweden, and Tail-f Systems.
Stefan Hvalgren, Sales & Marketing Director
With a background in engineering, Stefan brings a wealth of experience from the metals, mining & energy industries, from roles at Sandvik, Siemens Energy & Damasteel.
Board of Directors
Jane Walerud, Chair
One of the most successful private investors in Sweden – elected #1 business angel in Sweden in 2017. Successes include Klarna, Bluetail, Lensway, and Tobii.
Former President of Sandvik Materials Technology. 45+ years of international business leadership.