Graphmatech is a Swedish materials technology company on a mission to transform materials technology for a better, more sustainable world. With a focus on metal and polymer composites and energy storage solutions, we develop cutting-edge graphene composites tailored to the needs of our industrial partners.
Graphmatech is looking for a Graphene Research Scientist to work on both customer-driven and internal projects for further development of graphene production and graphene functionalization. This is a great opportunity for a person looking for a challenge, where you will be utilizing your extensive material knowledge to really influence technical development in an agile, fast-paced environment. Dedication and innovation are highly valued in the company, with the vision of developing new materials that will change the world.
Primary duties include developing new and improved manufacturing methods for graphite derivatives and modifying functional groups on graphite/graphene for tailored applications, transitioning knowledge into products through industrial research collaborations. Experience of organic chemistry, organic salts, and surface functionalization of carbon-based materials and/or metal powders is considered advantageous. Further, you will be expected to contribute to the upscaling of the company through various process improvements and implementations.
In return, we offer a challenging, creative and varied role in a young fast-growing organization with great potential, where dedication and innovation are highly valued. Benefits include a vibrant and diverse team, supported development plans and a fantastic central location in Uppsala, with walking distance to the train station.
- Synthesize, develop, characterize and evaluate graphene related materials from various graphite and graphite derivative sources
- Hands-on development and improvement of top-down graphene manufacturing processes and supporting analytical methods
- Support product development activities related to internal and external projects utilizing graphene nanocomposites
- Functionalizing graphene for tailored applications
- Assist in upscaling infrastructure and capacity
- Assist with providing counsel on applicable EHS practices and regulations related to processes
- Strong interpersonal skills that fits a flexible small company environment
- Desire to accomplish ideas, realizing potential and overcoming hurdles
- Able to research and analyse information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Comfortable working independently as well as collaborating with an interdisciplinary team
- Experience of project planning, track record of working towards a timeline
- Able to communicate effectively, both internally and with external partners
- Fluency in English. Skills in Swedish and/or German are considered beneficial.
- At least three years of experience of working with and characterizing carbon nanomaterials (graphene, carbon nanotubes)
- Higher education (minimum M.Sc, PhD preferable) within material science, nanotechnology, organic chemistry or similar
- Experience of operating and interpreting data from analyzing instruments such as SEM, Raman spectroscopy, XRD, nitrogen sorption analysis, TEM, AFM, XPS
- Excellent knowledge of and familiarity with top-down graphene synthesis methods (more specifically liquid phase exfoliation, chemical exfoliation through oxidation/reduction steps)
Does this sound like you? Apply now!
Email your CV together with a cover letter in English to [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so apply as soon as possible to avoid disapointment.
Latest job postings
Contact: Viktor Sanderyd, Research & Development ManagerEmail