Graphmatech is a Swedish materials technology company on a mission to transform materials technology for a better, more sustainable world. With a focus on metal and polymer composites and energy storage solutions, we develop cutting-edge graphene composites tailored to the needs of our industrial partners. Our vision is to utilize the full potential of graphene, creating advanced materials for a better tomorrow!
Graphmatech is looking for a Senior Research Engineer that will work with the development of our Metal-Graphene composites. This position provides a great opportunity for you to utilize your material knowledge and directly apply this in our development of materials for PM-applications.
We think that you have a passion for material science and see yourself as a team player. You enjoy problem solving in a dynamic environment with short decision paths and an open-minded culture. Do you recognize yourself in this description? Then you might be the one we are looking for.
Your main responsibility at Graphmatech will be to develop and improve our metal-graphene composites product portfolio, participate in industrial research collaborations, customer projects, and further strengthening Graphmatech’ s immaterial rights.
We believe that you have an extensive experience of production, product- and process development of PM-based products and advance material characterisation. Experience of taking products from the research development to full scale production is a big advantage for this role.
In return, we offer a challenging, creative, and varied role in an organization where you will get the chance to contribute and make a difference, and where dedication and innovation are highly valued. Benefits include a vibrant and diverse team, supported development plans located in a central location in Uppsala, with walking distance from the train station.
- Drive development of our product portfolio
- Responsible for development of characterization and evaluation of cutting-edge metal-graphene composites
- Collaborate closely with metal industrial partners to deliver metal graphene materials to the market
- Hands-on development of processes for manufacturing metal-graphene composites and supporting analytical methods
- Grow the company’s IP portfolio in metal graphene composites
- Take an active part in designing the upscaling infrastructure and capacity
- Provide guidance and counsel on applicable EHS practices and regulations related to processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and you enjoy working in a small, flexible company environment
- Desire to accomplish ideas, realizing potential and overcoming hurdles
- You are self-motivated and drive your own research and analyse information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusion.
- You act as a mentor sharing your knowledge to educate others
- Comfortable working independently as well as collaborating with an interdisciplinary team
- Proven ability of managing multiple projects simultaneously – having effective time management skills and an ability to prioritize your work tasks
- Able to communicate effectively, both internally and with external partners
- Fluent in English. Skills in Swedish are considered beneficial.
- At least five years hands-on industrial research experience in application and product development of metal powders
- Higher education (minimum M.Sc, PhD preferable) within powder metallurgy material science or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of metallic materials, synthesis, manufacturing, and characterization
- Extensive knowledge of composition-structure-property relationship
Does this sound like you? Apply now!
Email your CV together with a cover letter in English to [email protected]
Last date for application: October 15th , but the position may be filled before so do not hesitate to apply today!
Applications review and interviews will be conducted continuously
Latest job postings
Contact: Marie VennströmEmail